Did you know? - 'Meraih Bintang' (reach for the stars), sung by Vi Vallen, Indonesia's rising Dangdut music star garnered the most hits on YouTube - 31 million - since it was released ahead of Asian Games 2018. The Hindi version, sung by Siddharth Slathia, had close to 2 million hits. The song has been said to have inspired many athletes to outperform the opponents and, many a time, themselves.
It has been found that music produces ergogenic (work-enhancing) and psychological effects during high-intensity physical activities such as exercising and playing. No wonder fitness buffs and endurance athletes put their headphones on and tune the world out during physical activity.
Music has also become an integral part of a common man’s daily life during workout sessions. The right beats can boost up our energy level and help us in burning more calories. Our favourite music is capable of lifting our mood and getting us in “the zone”.
It is no surprise that most of us want to listen to music while exercising. While you can gift your body the power of fitness, technology has gifted us multiple ways to enjoy our workout with good personalized music. However, the killer playlist on your phone won’t do you any good unless you pair it with the right headset.
But how to choose the right headset for workout or running! Let’s find out.
- Since we are talking about the workout, the right thing to do is to choose a sweat-proof one if possible. If you are worried about the budget, nowadays, there are high performing sweat-proof headsets, which come at a reasonable price. Therefore you can focus on fitness without worrying about the sweat. Don’t sweat it!
- Wired or wireless- Given a choice, we will honestly tilt towards the wireless headsets for the convenience and comfort they provide. The battery might be a point of concern. However, any good Bluetooth headset can play music for up to 5 hours, depending on volume. Additionally, they come with a built-in mic for hands-free calls.
- Noise cancelling headphones can help you tune out the unwanted noise with their active noise isolation technology, precise bass, amazing sound effect & clear human voice.
- Additionally, we also need to decide if we want an in-ear headphone or an over-the-ear headphone for this purpose! Now this will obviously vary from person to person. If you feel over-the-ear headphones are not giving you the right grip, choose in-ear ones. Some of them are designed keeping heavy workout sessions in mind. They have dual lock technique, which combines a behind-the-ear hook with ergonomic in-ear ear-tips for a secure fit.
- A good pair of Bluetooth wireless headphone will cover a good 10-meter uninterrupted transmission from the paired device. This ensures that you don’t have to carry your phone in your pocket all the time. How great is that!
The soul of a music lover will always reach out for the earphones before heading out to the gym or for running. So make sure you have the right one handy!